Stowe Calendar of FEATURE Events
To view all of Stowe's activities, visit Go Stowe's calendar of events.
- May 17 – October 11 Stowe Farmers’ Market
Sundays on the Mountain Road 10:30 AM - 3 PM, located next to Red Barn Shops. Garden produce & locally made products. 802-472-8027 or
- Free Fly Rod Casting May-September
FREE casting clinics offered here at The Fly Rod Shop will prepare you to get out on the river this fishing season. The class will start off inside the shop where you will learn about the different equipment, the flies, and the basic anatomy of a stream. Before long we will step outside onto The Fly Rod Shop pond and learn both the false cast, and the roll cast. As you are learning the needed techniques our experienced staff will be walking around the pond to help you learn to make the perfect cast. Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30 PM &
Saturdays from 9:00-10:30 AM.
- July 21, July 28 August 4 & August 11: Free Gazebo Concerts on Tuesdays, 7 PM at Helen Day Art Center . www.stoweperformingarts.com.
- June 26-August 28: Thursdays Art on Park
Jewelry, pottery, paintings, drawings, photography, fiber arts, specialty food products, music and more, 5:30-8:30 PM. www.stowevibrancy.com/art-on-park.html.
- Sunday Funday through Summer
Free for kids of all ages! Sundays from 1-3 PM at the Art Store. Have fun, bring friends, make Free art!
Events Beginning in May
- May 1 - 29: Noon Music in May — FREE one hour concerts on Wednesdays at Noon at Stowe Community Church www.stoweperformingarts.com.
- May 8-10 & May 15-17: Lamoille County Players Presents ‘The Play's the Thing’ at Hyde Park Opera House Fri & Sat 7 PM, Sun 2 PM. $18 adults, students/seniors $12. 888-4507 or www.lcplayers.com.
- May 30: Craft Brew Race , visit www.craftbrewraces.com.
Events Beginning in June
- June 18-July 3: Stowe Theatre Guild presents ‘Company’. Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM, also Saturdays at 2 PM. 253-3961 or www.stowetheatre.com.
- June 12-14: Annual Stowe Wine & Food Classic
A one of a kind food & wine experience, taking from farm to table and vine to glass. Enjoy grand array of offerings from area restaurants, cheese makers, brewers and more. 253-0399 or www.stowewine.com.
- June 21: Free Ice Cream for Dad
Free tour and cone for dad, open 10 AM- 6 PM. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.
- June 26-28: B3 Fest: Bikes, Bevs & Beats
Featuring Vermont music, Vermont craft libations (beers, wines, spirits, ciders, root beer), and a celebration of Vermont mountain biking. www.gostowe.com/b3fest.
Events Beginning in July
- Fourth of July Celebration:
10 AM Moscow Parade in Moscow Village. Festivities in the Stowe Events Field starting at 6 PM, fireworks at dusk. www.stowerec.org. 7 miles of sales July 4-7 throughout Stowe.
- July 5: Music in the Meadow Concert —Vermont Symphony Orchestra at Trapp Family Lodge Gates open for picnicking at 5:30 PM, music begins at 7:30 PM. www.stoweperformingarts.com .
- July 10-12: Annual Stoweflake Hot Air Balloon Festival Children's activities corner, live band, great food, balloon launches. Stoweflake Resort and Spa. $10 admission. 800-253-2232 or www.stoweflake.com/balloon.
- July 12: Annual Stowe 8 Miler — 9 AM start at Stowe Events Field. www.locorunning.com/stowe8miler.php.
- July 12: Music in the Meadow - A Far Cry at Trapp Family Lodge Music begins at 7 PM, gates open 2 hours beforehand for picnicking. Admission $33. www.stoweperformingarts.com.
- July 16-August 1: Stowe Theatre Guild presents ‘Shrek’. Thursday-Saturday nights at 8 PM, also Saturday at 2 PM. 253-3961 or www.stowetheatre.com.
- July 18, 19, 25 & 26: Bitter Lax Festival. Great lacrosse, awesome music, special guests and fun for the entire lacrosse family. www.bitterlacrosse.com.
- July 23-Aug 2: Lamoille County Players presents ‘Cats’ at Hyde Park Opera House. Thursdays-Saturdays 7 PM, Sun 2 PM. $18 adults, $12 students/senior. 888-4507 or www.lcplayers.com.
Events Beginning in August
- August 2: Music in the Meadow - Hot Sardines at Trapp Family Lodge Music begins at 7 PM, gates open 2 hours beforehand for picnicking. www.stoweperformingarts.com.
- August 7-9: 54th Annual Stowe Antique & Classic Car Meet —Over 800 antique cars on display, judging contest, parade. www.vtauto.org.
- Aug 14 & 15: Stowe Brewer Festival at Mayo Field. www.stowebrewersfestival.com.
- August 20-Sept. 5: Stowe Theatre Guild presents ‘Chess’. Thursday-Saturday nights at 8 PM, also Saturday at 2 PM. 253-3961 or www.stowetheatre.com.
Events Beginning in September
- September 6: Music in the Meadow Concert - Vermont Jazz Ensemble at Trapp Family Lodge .
Music begins at 6 PM. www.stoweperformingarts.com.
- September 11-13: Stowe's First Fly Fishing Show at the Fly Rod Shop! Check out www.flyrodshop.com/events/1st-annual-vermont-fly-fishing-show/
- September 18-20: Annual British Invasion. Over 1000 cars and a celebration of all things British. 253-7558 or www.britishinvasion.com.
- September 24-October 10: Stowe Theatre Guild presents ‘Midsummer Night’s Dream’. Thursday-Saturday nights at 8 PM, also Saturday at 2 PM. 253-3961 or www.stowetheatre.com.
- Sept 24-Oct 4: Lamoille County Players presents ‘Curtains’ at Hyde Park Opera House. Thursdays-Saturdays 7 PM, Sunday 2 PM. Adults $18, students/seniors $12. 888-4507 or www.lcplayers.com.
Events Beginning in October
- October 2-4: 16th Annual Oktoberfest at Jackson Arena. Admission $10. 253-4788 or www.stoweoktoberfest.com.
- October 9-11: Annual Stowe Foliage Arts Craft Festival at Topnotch Field. 10 AM-5 PM. Admission $10. 425-3399 www.craftproducers.com.